Chronische Cerebro-Spinale Veneuze Insufficiëntie

Forum
Het is nu di 23 apr 2024, 20:46

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: vr 30 jul 2010, 15:31 
Brief van Sclafani aan Zamboni over het congres van j.l. maandag, gepubliceerd op TIMS

ciao paolo

As you can see by the attachment, yesterday's symposium at SUNY Downstate was a great success. The intention was to show lots of cases to the interventionalists and it exceeded my expectations. Ivo Petrov from Sofia, Tariq Sinan from Kuwait and Gary Siskin from Albany New York were masterful in speaking to the proceduralists. Each gave a very sophisticated presentation and each had a unique and noteworthy perspective, some very different solutions to problems and excellent results. The images, as I have said to you before, really help the interventionalists understand what is wrong. Mark Haacke elaborated on his methodologies for imaging CCSVI by MRI. An added benefit was Mark's opportunity to see many catheter venograms. He expressed to me that he can now recognize more readily additional findings on MRV; and David Hubbard presented his interesting observations on functional MRI before and after liberation. Michelle Brown of Connecticut spoke on patient advocacy. Fabrizio was better than ever. His presentation was so much more polished than the first time I heard him in Ontario. He really put things in perspective. A great introduction to CCSVI for an audience curious and unfamililar with the entity. Balanced, intellectual, sophisticated. I was proud to announce them, humbled by their generosity and amazed by the quality of their work.

It was lively, controversial and very much appreciated by all the audience, which came from many states in US, Canada, Mexico, and Costa Rica. The presence of the patients allowed the doctors to see up front what it means to have MS. Astounding, considering that I decided to do this four weeks ago. I think a New York summer symposium of one or two days could become an annual event for a while. What do you think?

Several doctors asked me about setting up a registry. When I visited Ferrara, I signed up for your registry, but have not heard anything about it since then. So I ask if the registry is real and will be active. Many doctors would like to participate, i think. It would be best to start to capture data soon.

By the way, on September 9, I will be giving an invited lecture to the Chinese Society of Interventional Radiology to celebrate my induction as the first Honorary Member of that Society. Tell me....Do i have the honor of giving the first lecture on CCSVI in China, or have you already done that?

Best wishes for the rest of the summer.

Sal

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]