Chronische Cerebro-Spinale Veneuze Insufficiëntie

Forum
Het is nu do 28 maart 2024, 14:56

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 6 berichten ] 
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: di 07 feb 2012, 14:09 

http://isnvd.org/files/ISNVD_2012_BROCHURE.pdf

Gaat bijna beginnen, ben benieuwd wat het oplevert...

Profiel  

BerichtGeplaatst: do 09 feb 2012, 15:47 

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/08/424807 ... dical.html

Citaat:
Synergy Health Concepts Medical Team to Present at the 2nd Annual ISNVD Scientific Meeting in Orlando, Fla 2/18-2/22

Profiel  

BerichtGeplaatst: zo 19 feb 2012, 12:49 

http://twitter.com/#!/isnvd

Profiel  

Berichttitel: Burks op ISNVD
BerichtGeplaatst: ma 20 feb 2012, 08:55 

https://www.facebook.com/notes/amy-gayl ... 3269303191

Citaat:
What neurologists are saying about CCSVI.

Burks: I don’t know what to do. I’m confused. I’m just going to wait until they give me more science. These are the guys who are doing it. Get me more science, so I can have something to evaluate. I believe, and most neurologists think this is going to go away. It’s going to go away like “bee sting” and “snake venom” and everything else. And if I just leave it alone, and I try not to get in the middle…I don’t want to make my patients hostile.

If I just leave it alone, I’ll be okay, but the one thing I know …we don’t have the data to support this and first I’m going to do no harm and I don’t know what the harm is, but can you see how neurologists might feel possessive about their patients? We don’t want to hurt anybody and we don’t really know the problems. We’ve heard today that it’s an absolutely safe procedure and there will be a newspaper article tomorrow that says it killed somebody. So what are we supposed to know?

We’re neurologists…We’re not doing these procedures. And if we have experience with new treatments and those experiences….There’s been over 100 breakthroughs of MS in the 40 to 50 years that I’ve been doing this, forever, and not one has survived scientifically, not one. But okay here are the questions that we ask: Does CCSVI exist? We, most neurologists, don’t think it exists in spite of all the data you are going to hear here, none of it….

There was a guy at ECTRIMS, a very renowned doctor, scientist, who says “We have looked at this conclusively, I’m very experienced in this. It does not exist”. That was the paper. So what are neurologists sitting in the room supposed to think?

You know, do I believe somebody I’ve never heard of, or this guy here who’s coming up to talk to me? We just don’t know yet, so we need to get our act together when we talk about diagnosis, so that we can agree on a diagnosis. And so one of the leaders of neurology said “Why pay for research to get rid of flying saucers, because flying saucers don’t exist? CCSVI doesn’t exist.

So we’ve got a ways to go and the way to get over that is to sit down and talk with each other in a scientific forum. And I’m going to talk about that, but my goal is to try to get people to work together instead of …I go to the neurology meetings…I went to the ECTRIMS meeting in Amsterdam. They just showed Bob Fox. There was a seminar that I have never seen such ripping of a procedure as the neurologists did with CCSVI. It was awful and Dr. Zivadinov asked a question. Dr. Zivadinov asked a very reasonable question and was told “That data’s not important. We don’t address that.” That’s what he was told.

That shows you how the animosity is growing among professionals. Unless we get the professionals together, we’re going to have trouble and I’d like to see the patients have a role in this as well…

Profiel  

Berichttitel: tweets
BerichtGeplaatst: ma 20 feb 2012, 08:59 

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/isnvd

Profiel  

BerichtGeplaatst: di 21 feb 2012, 12:22 

https://twitter.com/#!/CCSVI_Society

een paar tweets:
Citaat:
Dr. Zivadinov: The veins of MS patients with CCSVI are significantly further apart than healthy controls with CCSVI #ISNVD #CCSVI #MS

Citaat:
Dr. Hubbard: MS patients had half the healthy control flow volumes in both white and grey matter #ISNVD #CCSVI #MS

Citaat:
Dr. Zivadinov: Lower cerebrospinal flow is linked to MS deveopment and progression #ISNVD #CCSVI #MS

Citaat:
Dr. Zivadinov: Irritable bowel syndrome is a consequence of CCSVI #ISNVD #CCSVI #MS

Citaat:
Dr. Zivadinov: MS patients have about 20% decreased venous volume i terms of all the vasculature of the brain #ISNVD #CCSVI #MS

Citaat:
Dr. Sclafani: 3 yrs ago most didn't know about Zamboni & CCSVI. We need more neurological collaboration #MS #CCSVI #ISNVD #multiplesclerosis

Profiel  

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 6 berichten ] 

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]